Wednesday, February 27, 2013

I Joined the Co-op Because...

You've heard a lot of compelling reasons from us, your Co-op Board and Steering Committee, as to why you should become a member/owner of the Richmond Food Co-op.

Now it's time to bring in the voices of our Founding Member/Owners, those that have taken a leap for local, by becoming one of the first 100.

I JOINED THE RICHMOND FOOD CO-OP BECAUSE...


“It's long overdue in Richmond.  I have been a member in a co-op in another state in the past and loved being able to shape where I shop.”
“I have been dreaming of a co-op in Richmond ever since I moved here. It is about damn time!”

"To take part in something I believe in, healthy local food options.  I am a local farmer and nurseryman myself, and I understand the importance of a non-csa and non "Saturday" farmers market-related buying experience in Richmond.”
“We have big concerns about the sourcing of our food by big grocery chains.” 
 “I have always tried to eat healthy foods and support local businesses.  I'm a single working mother who is short on time, but now that my children are getting older I feel like I have the time to get involved in causes that mean something to me... joining the co-op as a member/owner seems like a good step in that direction.”
"I support community involvement, local farmers.... I love healthy food all year long. I want to be able to get good food not just during seasonal farmers' markets but anytime.”

These are the voices of your friends, neighbors, co-workers, and family members.  They have joined a community dedicated to eating fresh, healthy food that supports our local economy. 

And finally, a couple of quotes from folks who likely would have joined the Co-op too:

“We shall have no better conditions in the future if we are satisfied with all those which we have at present.”  -Thomas Edison

"Why not go out on a limb? Isn't that where the fruit is?"  -Frank Scully

Come out on this limb with us...where the VA fresh fruit is...
The sun is shining on Richmond now - so let's bloom!

No comments:

Post a Comment